Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Qwest in talks with AT&T; iPhone possible


I'm a bit late to the party on this one because I just found this Xchange magazine article

about Qwest talking with AT&T today. As Qwest considers dumping Sprint Nextel, its wireless partner over the last few years, its talks with AT&T might allow Qwest customers like me access to the iPhone.

So why don't I just drop my Qwest service and head full-time onboard the AT&T/iPhone bandwagon right now? Two reasons. First, I'm grandfathered into a sub-$20 500-anytime-minutes per month plan with Qwest and second, I have One-Number service. Never heard of it? It's the best thing since sliced bread. When my Qwest cell phone is powered on, it is my home number. Calls come directly to my cell phone. When I power it down, calls go to my home.

One-Number plus iPhone would probably be enough to convince me to drop all the prepaid iPhone minimalism and really jump fully on the AT&T bandwagon. The Sprint/Nextel agreement isn't due to expire for nearly a year but it looks like the AT&T-Apple exclusive agreement will still be in place when it comes time for Qwest to choose its next wireless partner. Here's hoping that it's AT&T.

[Thanks: http://www.tuaw.com]

No comments: