Monday, March 3, 2008

Woz Has Pent-Up iPhone Frustrations


Thewoz After a hot and torrid few months, Steve Wozniak's love affair with the iPhone is waning.

"To tell you the truth I was really disappointed when the iPhone was introduced ... half the phones in the AT&T store at the time were 3G phones," Wozniak said at a press conference, according to a Sydney Morning Herald report. "I was shocked because Apple is bringing the full internet [to mobiles] -- full web pages with pictures and everything -- and it's not 3G and I knew that would be a speed detriment."

It's a far cry from his earlier comments. The Apple co-founder waited in line with everyone else to buy "a whole bunch" of iPhones, and recently raved that the iPhone will revolutionize cell phones and the way we communicate.

But today Wozniak sounded annoyed. He disputed claims that Apple chose not to roll out a 3G phone due to battery concerns.

"I don't understand why it would be a battery issue -- I get as much life on my 3G phones as I get on my non-3G phones," he reportedly said.

Wozniak also complained about the 24-hour expiration period on iTunes movie rentals and said that although there's a "pureness" to MacBook Air, it needs a DVD drive.

"I don't think it's going to be a hit," he said.

Photo: Flickr/Brymo



[Source: http://blog.wired.com/business/2008/03/woz-has-pent-up.html]

No comments: